- Tamarind/Chintapandu - 1 tbsp
- Toor Dal/Kandi pappu water - 2 cups
- Coriander Leaves - 1 bunch
- Curry Leaves - 4stems
- Garlic - 6 flakes
- Red Chillies/Endu mirchi - 4
- Avalu/mustard seeds - 1tsp
- Jeelakarra/cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1tsp
- Jaggery/Bellam - a pinch
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water.
- Wash and finely chop corainder leaves and reserve the stems.
- Now finely crush coriander stems and garlic.
- Add crushed coriander stems and garlic and pinch of jaggery to tamarind water and soak for 30minutes.
- Crush cumin seeds and black pepper and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and red chillies and allow it to splutter.
- Add the tamarind water and allow it to boil for 10minutes.
- Now add dal/kandi pappu water, curry leaves, coriander leaves and allow it to boil for 5minutes in high flame.
- Add salt, crushed cumin seeds and black pepper and boil for 5minutes.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.